Biodiversity Conservation & Educational Trip (MNS)
29.08.2015 - 31.08.2015
Our journey started from Gombak around 9.30am, reached the Cherating Turtle Sanctuary at almost 2pm. We had 24 people in our group and the purpose of this trip is to create awareness and learn more on the conservation activities being done for the turtles. Other than that, we also did what natures lovers love doing, getting close to nature activities.
Our activities included:
1) Visit the Cherating Turtle Sanctuary
2) Learning about the conservation activities for turtles (From collecting turtle eggs, putting in a safe spot for hatching and releasing the newly hatched turtle back to the ocean.)
3) Boat ride to see the mangrove trees and the wildlife there
4) Planting of the mangrove trees activity
5) Hike to Chemerong waterfall
6) Visit the Kelah sanctuary in Tasik Kenyir
7) Visit to the Kenyir Elephant Village
8) And of course some food hunting in Kemaman Terengganu.
Enjoy the photos!